Sunday 29 September 2013

Special Guest Naty Matos - Novel: A Brother's Vow


Today we welcome a special guest on bookaholics - Christian author Naty Natos. Welcome Naty. It is a pleasure to have you a long and to get to know more about you. Naty's book, A brothers vow will be launched officially on 1st October but we are blessed to have a sneak peak today.



This drama filled novel deals with struggles of addiction, religiosity, grief, the power of family support and faith. This Contemporary Novel expresses the reality of spiritual warfare and sends a message of hope to even those in the direst situations. It is the story of Randall Benson whose seemingly perfect life becomes unravelled after a series of unfortunate events. After making a promise to his brother he has to make a choice, succumb to his past or keep everything he has worked so hard for. I am sure you will agree it sounds good. I love the idea of the inner conflict which always makes for a good novel.

I will now hand the floor over to Naty so we can get to know more.

The Turning Point 

If we look at life as a journey we will see that along the path we encounter many crossroads. Depending on the side we decide to walk when we encounter those forks on the road will determine how our journey will continue.

Making the right decision at those times can be quite challenging. We may feel external or internal pressures to pursue either side of the path. We have to always remember that at the end of the day it is us and only us who will either suffer the consequences or reap the benefits of our final decision.

I know that at the same time sometimes we sit at that fork, thinking that no decision is better than the wrong one. This cannot be further from the truth. Staying stagnant will always make us more miserable that any pain that we can encounter.

I once heard Joyce Meyers say, “You have to make the best decision with the information you have at the moment. Even if it’s the incorrect one God will give you Grace because he knew you were trying to do the best with what you knew” Those words have stayed with me for a long time and when I know that I need to make a decision, that may constitute a risk I remember these words. Obviously I research, seek counsel because I need that portion of the best information possible to assess the elements of my decision, but at the end of the day I have decisions to make to further my growth and to fulfill my purpose.

In my new book, “A Brother’s Vow” Randall has made a promise that he never thought he would need to fulfill. Then he’s face with having to make a life changing decision in order to fulfill it. Join my journey and find out if he did and if so how it turned out.

Naty also very graciously agreed to answer some questions for us:

What inspired you to write this book?

I am always inspired by the Parable of the Prodigal Son and that’s part of what inspired this story. There were times where decisions are clouded by condemnation or rebellion; so I decided to write a story from that standpoint.

 How did you come up with the title?
To be honest my first title was “My promise to keep” Because the story centers around a promise that Randall, the main character, makes to his twin brother Brian and the events that follow him trying to fulfill that promise. I found that there were too many books with that title already so I changed it to “A Brother’s Vow” as it is more fitting to theme in the book.

 Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?

That no matter how far gone or deep in trouble we think we are, God always welcomes us with open arms and there’s always the chance for new beginnings.

 How much of the book is realistic?

Nothing, this is a pure work of fiction.

What book are you reading now?

I just finished “Waking up Married” by Mira Lynn Kelly a few weeks ago which I truly enjoyed. I’m about to start “Until Forever” by Darlene Shortridge

What are your current projects?
I have a powerful book on the subject of domestic violence titled, “Breaking Free” that is at the second draft revision and a Christmas romance novella, “Lost Love on Christmas Day” which is also at the second draft revision level. I’m hoping to be able to release those next year.

Many people who read this blog are writers. Do you have any advice for other writers?

Never give up and keep on writing. Be open to correction and feedback.

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

Open yourselves to the opportunity of supporting indie authors. You will find that some traditionally published books are great and some are not; the same is true for the indie books. I have recently been watching some indie movies and found some great ones. It is time to open our minds to the concept that quality doesn’t always come behind a corporate label. Happy reading!

Thank you Naty, it has been a real pleasure to get to know more about both you and your books. I for one will be buying it and  I am sure many bookaholics readers will be as well. I wish you well for your launch on the 1st October. 

You can contact Naty in the following ways

E-mail- therisingmuse@gmail.com

Website www.therisingmuse.com

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Naty-Matos/172298772847562?ref=hl

Twitter https://twitter.com/NatyCMatos

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for having me. It is a pleasure:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are more than welcome. You were a delightful guest and we would love to have you back in the future.

      Delete