Thursday 4 July 2013

Aymaran Shadow by Hemanth Gorur - Supernatural Thriller






Once again I find myself broadening my horizons in my reading tastes. I do not usually read supernatural thrillers but I was asked if I would like to review this one. The blurb looked interesting so I decided to give it a go. I am jolly glad I did as it turned out to be a cracking read.

The action of this story takes place on a world stage. Sanya, a student, finds herself disturbed by terrifying visions, whilst two different but equally terrifying people are stalking her on the internet. Her fear is real and she is a credible character.

The tension and terror in this book is almost palpable. The author uses words well to ramp up the tension and I felt that I could picture the very evil itself. At every stage I found myself wondering what would happen next. I really did not want to put the book down. The ending came as a complete surprise to me, especially the final twist. I found myself rooting for Sanya and hoping she would win over the evil surrounding her. I would highly recommend this book. Even if this is not the type of book you usually read then give it a go. You could be pleasantly surprised.

Despite the fact that I was asked to review this I was not at any point asked to provide a positive review. The review is based on my reading and obvious enjoyment of the book.

I am now off to write a bit more. I have a couple of books awaiting my attention and I am going to start the next one tonight. Tune in to the next blog to find out what they are all about.

Until then I will leave you with this thought:

Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them - Lemony Snicket

No comments:

Post a Comment