Saturday 29 March 2014

The Shepherd's Song by Betsey Duffey and Laurie Myers




Today on bookaholic I bring you a Christian book which is not only about lives being changed but which could change lives.

It is not often that a book comes along which is so thoroughly engrossing that you literally cannot put it down. This is one of those books. The basic story is that a woman writes the 23rd Psalm on a piece of paper and gives it to her son. He is not impressed and shoves it in his pocket. The woman is then in a car crash and whilst she is unconscious the note travels around the world. On it's way it touches, and changes, the lives of 12 different people. Each person and circumstance is linked to a line of the Psalm.

I found this book to be highly emotional. It swept me up and I found my emotions mirroring those of the people in the stories. I cried, I held my breath and found my chest tight and breathing difficult. It moved me in many ways and made me think differently about the 23rd Psalm. I would recommend this book to everyone, Christians and Non Christians alike. It is possibly the best Christian book I have read in a very long time, and I am a prolific reader.


       

Betsie Duffey and Laurie Myers are exceptional writers and this comes across in every word of this book. I will definitely be looking out for more from them.

So there we have it for another day in Bookaholic land. I will be back soon with another excellent mystery to review. Until then keep reading

No comments:

Post a Comment