Friday 28 March 2014

The Death of Pie by Tamar Myers



Today on Bookaholic I bring you a laugh out loud mystery.

I love Tamar Myers Books and was looking forward to reading this one. In this book Magdalena Yoder is currently on the hunt for the killer of a visiting author of a tell all book. It would appear that everyone in the town could have a motive for bumping off the victim. Magdalena, being the richest person it town, and pretty much owning the towns police force (1 officer), commandeers the police car and sets off on a madcap ride to find the killer. The book has a good storyline, with a well written plot. In many places it is laugh out loud funny.

The characters are all eccentric, each one being more crazy than the others. I could picture them perfectly. Tamar Myers has a gift for description which brings the setting to life. I almost felt like I was there. The one thing which spoiled the book a bit for me is that I felt that sometimes everything was a bit over the top. By the end of the book I felt I had had a surfeit of it. This is not to say it is not an excellent book, which it is. It was just a bit too much for me as a reader. Other readers may find this romp through detection right up their street. Would I recommend the book. Definitely. However, readers may want to take a look inside before they buy just to make sure that they are happy with the style. I am sure many bookaholic readers will love this book.

       

Please note this book is only available in hardback at present. It is not available in the US until 01 April but is available for pre order.

I was given a copy of this book by the publisher in return for an honest review. This review is based on my reading of the book and my own personal feelings, having done so.

No comments:

Post a Comment