Wednesday 3 September 2014

Murder on my Mind

Bookaholics is currently on holiday in the beautiful historic city of York. With all this Roman history around my thoughts automatically turn to murder. What do you mean, I always think of murder wherever I go? Ok. I'll give you that. Still murder is around every street corner as well as ghosts and Roman soldiers. The atmosphere, and the streets, are ripe for murder. I am filling up my notebook with possible plots at every turn of a corner.

Of course, as well as murder my thoughts are usually on books. I am the Bookaholic after all. My surroundings this week remind me of the excellent Monastery Murder series by Donna Fletcher Crow. If you haven't read any of these books then rush out and buy one. They are more than well worth reading. I've linked to her kindle page if you want to take a look and start reading.

The picture below is me standing in the Roman Baths underneath the aptly named Roman Baths pub. Today, I am off to York Minster. I am really looking forward to this. Have a great day my Bookaholic friends. See you all back here very soon.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Thank you so much for the mention, Wendy! My latest Lord Danvers is also set in York where I dig into two Victorian true-crimes.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1936924854?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creativeASIN=1936924854&linkCode=xm2&tag=themonamurd-21

    I do know what you mean--seems I have murder on my mind wherever I go, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome Donna. I love your books. Will check out the latest book. Sounds like my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete