Monday 17 May 2010

Confessions of a Bookaholic

I have been blogging for some weeks now on Learning from Life which has mainly focussed on Using Technology, Web 2.0 and Social Media to support learning. However, I have to confess that I am also a Bookaholic. I think Amazon is the best site on the Internet and I cannot pass a bookshop without going through the door and cannot enter a bookshop without buying. Second hand book stalls draw me like a moth to a candle and I read at every opportunity. I think I am single handedly keeping my local library open. The Waterstones magazine is my favourite magazine. I follow authors on twitter and facebook. You get the gist, I am always thinking about books. When I am not thinking about technology that is. I cannot think of anything better than to blog about my 2 favourite subjects.

I haven't bought a book reader yet, and I am not sure that I ever will. There is nothing like the feel of a book in your hands and turning the pages. I also have this deep seated fear of being left without a book to read, so what would happen if the batteries ran out on an ebook reader. It makes me shiver just thinking about it. So good old, solid, in your hand books are my passion.

So what will this blog be about and what I am confessing. Firstly, my favourite types of books are

Crime
Mystery and Thriller
Christian Fiction
Christian Non Fiction
Technology
Chic Lit
Education
Nursing

As you can see an eclectic mixture. I will be blogging about the books I have read and my favourite authors of which there are many. I will be honest in my views and will recommend books where I think they are worth recommending. If I update as quickly as I read there could be a lot of updates on this blog.

So finally to my confession. I must have about 1000 books in my house which I have not yet read. That doesn't mean I don't read. It just means I buy books at a faster rate then I read them. I fully intend making inroads into these in the coming weeks, so watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment