Tuesday 7 February 2017

Book Review: The Breakdown by B A Paris


Good morning, Bookaholics. I have a book review for you today, of a book I am sure you will love as much s I do. I was fortunate to be given and Advance Reader Copy of The Breakdown through NetGalley. I'm jolly glad I requested it because what a cracking book it turned out to be. 

I haven't read B A Paris's previous books but I liked the look of this one so thought I'd take chance on a new author. Paris is an excellent author with a tight writing style which really ramps up the tension and plays on the motions. The emotional aspects of the book are beautifully handled and the psychological aspects tense. 

The book starts when Cass sees a woman in a car in a lane in a dark wood. She does not stop and the woman is subsequently murdered. Alongside this Cass is forgetting things and is worried that she is developing early onset Alzheimers like her mother. This leads to a taut psychological thriller which had me on the edge of my seat. I truly could not put it down and was reading until 3.30 am to find out what happens. To say it is a page turner may be a cliche but it is true. 

There are not many characters in the book but the ones which are there are realistic. The way they play of each other and the very sparsity of them only adds to the tension.

This is an outstanding book which I would not hesitate to recommend.

So there you have it my Bookaholic friends. This is one of those not to be missed books which I am sure you will want to read immediately. You an preorder from the link below


Enjoy the book and I'll see you back here soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment