Sunday 5 July 2015

Book Review: Champion of the Chalet School


Good afternoon my fellow Bookaholics. Not a dead body in site on today's blog. I promised you an eclectic selection and that is what you are getting. Today is a book in a series for tweens and young adults. This is a series I never thought I would be reading again. 

I love Elinor M. Brent-Dyer's Chalet School books and was a little worried this would not be up to the same standard. My fears were groundless. I could not tell this book from those written by the original author. It is obvious that a lot of research, care and effort went into writing this book. Adrianne Fitzpatrick is a gifted storyteller and understands the series, and the characters, well. The story was good and kept me reading. It took me back to the books of my childhood and sitting, curled up, reading these books. It was really good to catch up with familiar characters again and find out more about them. I cannot recommend this book highly enough. This apples whether you have read the original series or not. It will certainly make you want to go back to the original books and read, or reread them. I genuinely could not put this book down, and was sad when it ended. 

   

The book can be bought by clicking on the UK or USA links above. I will receive a few pence affiliate fee if you do so. You can go direct to Amazon without using these links.

So there we have it Bookaholics. Why not grab yourself a copy and relive your childhood. See you next time and keep reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment