Tuesday 6 May 2014

Blood Rites by S.J. Rozan




As I have been knee deep in murder and mystery in my writing life, I am continuing the theme with todays book review. This book is full of enough thrills and chills to keep the most ardent of crime and thriller reader happy.

The book takes place in Hong Kong, which as everyone knows is now part of China.  Having lived in Hong Kong for 2 years I was excited to read this book. I have not read anything by this author before but I am now definitely going to have to change that. Rozan brings Hong Kong and the way of life to vividid reality. I could picture every scent, sound and smell. This is not just because I know the area, but because Rozan has an evocative style of writing which paints a very realistic picture.

The characters are superb, particularly the main ones. Bill Smith and Lydia Chin resonated with me as characters and I finished the book wanting to know more about them. This read is  a whistle stop ride and I found that I wanted to keep on reading? The twists and turns are numerous and occasionally a little perplexing but this really added to the tension. The writer is deft at bringing all the strands together. At the end I found myself thinking where can I buy another book by this author. The suspense had me feeling like I was on a knife edge.


       


Buy this, it is worth every penny of the cover price. I can assure you that you want regret it.

That's us for another day on Bookaholic. I look forward to seeing you all again soon and bringing you another fabulous book. Until then, keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment