Monday 17 February 2014

It's a God Thing: The Powerful Results of Ministry Evangelism by Charles L. Roesel

           


Ministry Evangelism and ministering to the poor is something which God has laid on my heart for the past few years. Today's book gives an example of how Ministry Evangelism works in practice and gives guidelines and examples of how this can be carried out. It demonstrates how important it is to pray and to listen to God for what he wants us to do. This is us in both a corporate and individual sense.

This book is not long but it is packed with power. It is written primarily for Pastors and Church leaders, however as an individual I felt I and a lot to learn from the advice given. The exhortation throughout the book is to reach out to the poor and disadvantaged in our communities. It is to look for need and to address this need as a church. I found this advice to be thought provoking and a call to change about the way we think about ministry.

The chapters cover four key areas:

  • Importance of Discipleship
  • Leadership First
  • Money Matters
  • Getting started
These are packed with practical examples of how this was done in the author's ministry. Every area is backed up by passages from the bible as to where God shorts us to carry out this particular type of ministry. God, Christ, the Holy Spirit and the Bible are at the core of everything which is discussed. This book left me with a profound sense of how the people in our communities are hurting and what we as a church can do to help them and show them God's love. It left me thinking and praying long into the night and was on my mind when I awoke the next morning. You cannot read this book with getting a sense of what God wants to do to mobilise his Church in this area.

I would advice all Church leaders to read this book. However, I would also encourage all Christians to read this book. It will change the way you think about ministry forever.

I was given a copy of this book from the Publisher in return for a fair and honest review. My review is based on my reading of the book and was not influenced in any way by external factors or people.

A rather more in depth book this week but one which is soul searching. Thank you for taking the time to read an I will see you all back here soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment