Sunday 18 July 2010

Stephanie Plum

For various reasons I have been out of the picture, as far as blogging is concerned, for the past few weeks. This has given me a lot of time to read and the latest Stephanie Plum Novel by Janet Evanovich has reminded me of everything I love about these books. The latest, Sizzling Sixteen, is as madcap and hilarious as the fifteen previous offerings. Those of you who love these novels will know what I mean.

For those of you, where the books have managed to slip under your radar, then here is a brief resume. Stephanie Plum is a rather hapless and eccentric bounty hunter, who, despite managing to be rather hopeless at her job, still manages to get her ma or woman as the case may be. She has an on again, off again boyfriend, a cop called Joe Morelli. Her other love interests are a sexy Cuban called Ranger, and someone called Deisel who seems to appear from nowhere every now and again. The cast of characters surrounding her become more and more eccentric, my two favourites being Lula and Grandma Mazur. Lula is an ex prostitute turned file clerk, who "helps" Stephanie catch her skips. Her giant size body, squeezes into a vast array of midget size clothes. Grandma Mazur, is Stephanie's mad grandmother who I wouldn't even start to describe. If I say one of her favourite pursuits is going to viewings at funeral parlours and causing havoc you should get the drift.

In this book Vinnie who owns the bail bond agency has been kidnapped and the kidnappers are looking for a ransom to return him. Stephanie, Lula and Connie (the office secretary) set out to find him with a little help from Morelli, Ranger and a supporting cast of Hobbits. No I am not joking. I laughed until my sides were aching.

If you find you want to read these books and haven't done so before then start with one for the money and work your way up until you reach sixteen. You wont regret it. Janet Evanovich has a rare talent. As an aside, one for the money is being made into a film starring Katherine Heigl. I had a little difficulty imagining it at first as Katherine is Blonde and Stephanie is a dark haired Italian. However, a makeover is afoot and I think it will work. More details here.

Stephanie Plum Movie

I personally can't wait for the movie to come out as it will be just as hysterical as the books I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment