Monday 10 August 2020

I Am So Many Things Journalling Bible


It's not often that I am blown away by a Bible, in fact so much so that I have to blog about it. However, this one is definitely worth the effort and hoopla. It is incredible. So, Bookaholics, a bible it is today.

Wow. Just wow. I love this bible. From the bright yellow cover, which I find alluring, to the very last illustrations on the inside of the back cover, this bible is incredible. The image on the front says, 'I am so many things', and this is backed up by scripture verses. These 'I am' statements and images are liberally scattered throughout the pages with relevant bible verses underneath them. The affirmations in the I am statements are powerful allowing the reader to see themselves as God sees them. They are brought to life by Thea Muir in her simple, yet effective, illustrations. Affirmations such as these are what are so often missing in our modern lives, so a timely and necessary read. This is so much more than a Bible, it is a journalling bible where you can write in the extra wide margins. This can be about the text itself or about the I am images and affirmations. There are also several pages where the reader is encouraged to complete exercises to make them think more deeply about the text and the affirmation. In fact, this whole Bible is designed to be read, believed, internalised, written in and interacted with. It is both a bible and a devotional.

Whilst this is squarely aimed at young girls and teens, I believe that many adults would gain a lot from it as well. I am an adult and I absolutely loved it from the get go. I cannot recommend this bible highly enough and if I could give it more than 5 stars I would in a heartbeat. It is worth every penny.

I received a copy of this bible from the publisher. At no point was I asked to give a positive review. My review is based on my own enjoyment and love of this version of the bible and was formed without bias. I am so glad the publishers sent me this. I know I'm an adult but I fully intend using it, especially the affirmation parts. We all need a reminder of who truly are in God. 

So, for all my Bookaholic friends who are Christians, or even looking for a present for a young girl who is a Christian, this is definitely one I can recommend. Better still, buy it from your local Christian Bookshop. They are struggling as they reopen and supporting them is key in the current times. 

I'll be back soon with more news and views. Until then, keep reading and keep writing. 




No comments:

Post a Comment