Friday 3 April 2020

The Christmas Fair Killer



Hello Bookaholics. I’ve a great in store for you today.

I would like to start by saying thank you to the publisher Severn House for the ARC of this book.

Amy Patricia Meade is a new author to me but I like cozy mysteries and as this had a literary and culinary theme, I was sold. I am so glad I found both the book and the author and I will be reading more of her books. I like the lighthearted fun but it is also a strong mystery.

The premise of the book is that the body of a young actress is found in a trailer for visiting Thespians at a Christmas Fair. The main character, Tish Tarragon has been hired to cater for the cast and crew of the production and, on finding the body, is catapulted into solving a murder. There is intrigue and red herrings aplenty and of course all those involved have a backs Tory and secrets to hide. All this, taken together, leads to a well written story which made me want to keep reading. There were laugh out loud moments. So, why four stars  instead of five. For me, it was a little slow to get going and I felt much of the first chapter was taken up with describing the literary name for various sandwiches and meals. I would have liked the storyline to start a little quicker. However, that may just be me and it soon picked up and the book rattled along. A great read which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Whilst this book isn’t out at the time of writing, you can preorder it and I would recommend that you do.  Well worth reading.


See you soon with another great book review. Until then, keep reading.




No comments:

Post a Comment