Thursday 24 September 2015

Book Review: The Jazz Files


I have a treat for you today my bookaholic friends. I am reviewing a rip roaring historical crime novel starring Poppy Denby.

This is the first in the Poppy Denby series and I am already looking forward to the next. Poppy is an engaging character, well rounded and full of life. I could imagine her perfectly. At the start of the book she has moved to London to look after her elderly aunt, Dot. Dot encourages her to apply for a job amd she soon finds herself working as a junior reporter at The Globe. When one of the reporters dies, Poppy sets ou to investigate. This leads to an excellent mystery which I found hard to put down. The story is well written amd the characters real and interesting. There is a good pace and this is maintained throughout the book. Overall, this is a well written mystery which I would highly recommend.

Find out more at Amazon UK

That's it for another bookaholic day. Who knows what book I will be reviewing next. Tune in to find out. Until then, keep reading.

2 comments: